Hachette UK has partnered with Waterstones and Curtis Brown Group to offer 10 publishing hopefuls the opportunity to join them to experience working life at a leading publisher, bookseller and literary agency.
Part of a brand new scheme, successful applicants will get a 12 month long paid internship with Hachette. The placements are as follows:
7 editorial and marketing/publicity placements
1 rights placement
1 digital marketing placement
1 placement within the education business.
Who Can Apply?
- This opportunity is only open to individuals from groups that are under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
How does it work?
- The trainees will spend the entire year within one of the trade divisions or the education business.
- They will specialise in either editorial, marketing and publicity, or rights, and they will also spend time in Hachette UK’s central departments, such as contracts and sales.
- Those specialising in editorial will spend a month of their traineeship at literary agency Curtis Brown to learn how to represent authors and matchmake them with publishers.
- Some of the trainees will spend a month at Waterstones to learn the art of bookselling and understand consumer buying behaviour.
- All the trainees will also participate in a bespoke learning and development programme, with the opportunity to learn about the journey of publishing a book from pitch to production.
What do you get?
- A 12 month long internship with a £24,000 salary
When do applications close?
Applications close at 23:59 on Sunday the 14th of March
Find out more about the opportunity, and how to apply here
You may also like: