rb&hArts, the arts team at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals, are looking to commission an illustrator to lead a co-design project for a paediatric waiting area in the new Imaging Centre at Royal Brompton hospital in Chelsea, London. The commission will include wall-based illustrations designed through workshops with a group of young people from Trailblazers, the hospitals youth forum, and other outcomes to make the space fun for children and young people.
Who Can Apply?
- Illustrators with some experience of delivering workshops for young people aged 13-25
- You do not have to have experience of working within a healthcare setting before
- rb&hArts are particularly interested in hearing from those from a minority and under-represented background to undertake this project
How does it work?
- The lead artist/illustrator will deliver workshops to co-design the space with young people from Trailblazers, the youth forum at the Trust.
- The lead artist/illustrator will lead the group through a series of workshops to create content for wall based designs, an interactive projected animation and contribute to additional possible outcomes including a zine, interviews and podcast.
- The lead artist/illustrator will lead Co-Design workshops, which will need to be delivered online and will be developed with rb&hArts to ensure the young people can develop ideas for the required outcomes and also learn new skills.
- The artist/designer will need to work with the rb&hArts and project design teams to ensure the final proposed design fits with the timescale and arts strategy, and is suitable within the hospital environment.
What do you get?
- There is a total amount of £10,000 for this commission to include all fees, expenses, materials and equipment.
- Fee to be agreed with selected artist/designer dependent upon skills and experience, expected to be in the region of £4,000. The budget and costs for outcomes will be discussed and agreed with rb&hArts.
When do applications close?
Applications close on Monday 7th June 2021
If you would like to be considered for this commission, please contact Sarah Grainger-Jones, Project Manager, rb&hArts to ask for the long-form brief for this project, and to ask any questions you may have.
- 0207 352 8121
You may also like: