House of Illustration are running a workshop exploring diversity in illustration.
Who can take part?
- Anyone with any level of creative practice aligned with illustration
What will you do?
- Identify opportunities in your personal creative practice for addressing inclusivity.
- Participate in discussions about how representation is illustrated.
- Consider how our mental health impacts our work, both in our processes and output.
- Find ways to widen your audiences and consider their access to illustration.
- Begin to develop tools in your practice that question what feels authentic and representative of different communities and cultures.
- Produce a manifesto that summarises your commitment to creative inclusive practice in illustration.
What do you need?
- Internet access
- A new journal, notebook or sketchbook
- A3 paper or card in your favourite colour
- Fine liner
- Marker pens
- Scissors (optional)
- PVA glue or glue stick (optional)
- Old newspaper/magazines (optional)
- Black Indian ink (optional)
- Paintbrush (optional)
What does it cost?
- Full price: £45
- Concession: £25
When is it?
Find out more about the workshop and sign up here
You may also like: