Enter the University of Southampton’s Green Stories children’s story writing competition for a cash prize and chance to be considered for literary representation.
The competition seeks stories that imagine a greener, more sustainable world. The story need not be about the environment or climate change but should present a positive and eco-conscious view of the future.
- Open to all, as long as the story has not been published.
- All submissions must be in English.
- All stories must conform to the green stories criteria of showing a positive vision of what a sustainable society might look like or in some way smuggling in green solutions/policies/characters in the context of an otherwise mainstream story.
- Preschool/ illustrated books (ages 2-6), max 1000 words
- Young readers category (ages 7-11), max 2,500 words
Deadline: Monday 14 September
You may also like: