Nurturing Talent, is a programme by Create for emerging visual artists, writers, musicians, dancers and drama artists running between March 2021 and March 2022. The programme offers an opportunity to six artists who are interested in gaining hands-on workshop experience to apply to their professional practice in a community setting.
What you will gain: You will develop your skills and experience in the community alongside your own professional practice. Specifically you will gain:
- A developed understanding and practice of delivering high quality workshops with disadvantaged and vulnerable people in challenging community settings, working within your own artform and other relevant artforms.
- Experience working with different groups of participants.
- Support and feedback from Create’s professional artists and management team.
- Development of your own arts-practice and leadership skills.
- Communication and organisational skills.
- Interpersonal and improvisatory skills in a professional context.
- The opportunity to become a candidate to join Create’s professional artist pool as a supporting artist.
- A bursary of c£1,500 for the year, paid as half-day or full-day workshop fees.
- Eligibility criteria:
- You must have completed all study before attending the programme.
- You must be available to attend the 2020/21 cohort’s rehearsal, all six training modules and an exit interview.
- You are able to attend 18 full day/36 half day workshops during the year. Dates will be offered as projects are confirmed.
- You can demonstrate how you will apply this opportunity to the development of your professional and community practice during the year.
How to apply: See details here.
Application deadline: First round of applications judging candidate eligibility close at 10am on Monday 4 January 2021. Eligible candidates will be invited to apply by Friday 8 January.
You may also like: