Phoenix, Leicester is accepting applications for their FTP Cohort artist development programme, focusing on the use of new technologies in arts practice. The programme will run from April 2021 to October 2021
Who Can Apply?
- Artists from Leicester, Leicestershire or the wider East Midlands who are over 18.
- Artists do not need a background in digital arts.
- Applications from artists who identify as part of groups underrepresented in the creative and cultural fields are particularly encouraged.
How does it work?
The programme will run over a six-month period, and includes training, mentorship, opportunities to exhibit work and seed funding for creating new work and making funding applications.
Training will be delivered by experienced artists from the East Midlands, exploring different technologies, strategies and issues related to digital-based art practices.
Each session will focus on a particular tool, piece of software or process used by the artist. Participants will be encouraged to experiment with this through beginner exercises and project ideas.
Participants will also be invited to join discussion groups and meet-ups to encourage a community ethos and peer-to-peer development.
What do you get?
- Monthly meetups with a range of speakers.
- Online activity space for shared research and resources.
- Peer support and feedback opportunities.
- Technical support from Phoenix Creative team.
- Free access to Interact Labs, a studio space equipped with digital technology (dependant on Covid-19 restrictions).
- The programme will offer exhibition opportunities and support the development of funding applications with match funding and a production budget available toward the end of the programme.
When do applications close?
Applications close at Midnight on Sunday the 14th of March
Find out more about the opportunity, and how to apply here
You may also like: