FACT is inviting artists living or working in the North of England to create new digital work in the latest round of its FACT Together commissioning scheme.
Proposals should respond to the themes of FACT’s 2021/22 programme Radical Ancestry, a year-long exploration into the sense of belonging. In the aftermath of a global pandemic, we are more aware of how technology has changed how we think about ourselves, the people around us, and the places we call home. History, geography, biology and culture all form part of our ancestral story but how does technology help us to explore new ways of thinking and experimenting with who we are?
This three month online residency aims to change previous narratives and move towards a more inclusive understanding of what it means to belong.
Who Can Apply?
- Early-career artists in the North of England
- Who create online artwork including, but not limited to: audio, video, text, games, apps, virtual or augmented reality, performance, animation and social media
- No previous experience of making digital work is necessary
How does it work?
- FACT Together is a 3-month online artist residency
- Artists will create work that will be presented online from November 2021
- Artists must respond to the theme Radical Ancestry, which focuses on ideas of belonging, how our biological and cultural heritage shapes our identities, and how we understand and construct who we are.
What do you get?
- A fee of £2500
- A production budget of £1500
- 3 months of mentorship and support
When do applications close?
Applications close Midnight, Sunday 1st of August
Find out more and apply here
You may also like: