Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Vimeo Instagram YouTube Pinterest

EXPIRED: Research and Respond to an Industrial Heritage Site

By Jay Hulme

House of Illustration are looking for an illustrator or collective to take up an Offsite Residency in the industrial heritage site New River Head in Clerkenwell, London.

Who Can Apply?

• Illustrators and other creative practitioners whose work relates
    closely to graphic arts/communication. This includes (but is not limited to): illustrators, game designers, typographers, coders, animators, graphic designers, printmakers and book artists.
  • Applicants must have proven experience of completing research-led creative projects.
  • Full-time students are not eligible.
  • Applications are particularly welcomed application from Deaf and disabled creatives and creatives of African, Caribbean, Central Asian, East Asian, South Asian, South East Asian and West Asian
    heritage.
  • Applicants must be 25 or over on the 16th of April 2021

How does it work?

• You will undertake an independent research-led project surrounding the site.
  • You will work on a part-time basis from 21 June – 10 September 2021
  • You will engage creatively with House of Illustration’s audiences in the gathering or sharing of research
  • You will complete a body of work suitable for showcasing online
  • You will supply an example of work for presentation to the Barbara and Philip Denny Trust

What do you get?

• A fee of £5,500 (paid in monthly instalments) and up to £500 for materials and/or travel expenses for visits to New River Head (paid as required)
  • Support from House of Illustration’s staff in the development of the project
  • An online showcase of the outcomes of the residency

When do applications close?

Applications close at 17:00 BST on the 2nd of April 2021

Find out more about the opportunity, and how to apply here

You may also like:

7 things I would have told my younger self about working as a freelance illustrator - by Hannah Jayne Lewin    How Working With a Mentor Transformed my Artistic Practice, by Anne Kotecha

Back to Forum